The amount of alterations we have been allowed to make has been limited because of the Grade 2 listing, and therefore the building may be difficult to access for some. We will try our best to help and advise on suitability based on individual needs, therefore please contact us if you have any specific requirements.
- The hotel is located at 19 Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth, on the main Promenade.
- Follow signs for the seafront & head towards the pier, keeping the sea on your right & hotels on your left.
- The hotel can be found opposite a small jetty on the left hand side, set back a little from the pavement.
- Guests may be dropped off outside the hotel.
- There is restricted free parking along the Promenade.
Access to the main entrance from the pavement is via 2 steps, through a gate and then an upward sloping pathway of 30 feet leading to 6 slate steps measuring 5ft wide and between 5″-8″ high and 14″-22″ deep.
- There is a handrail either side of these steps.
- The steps lead to a porchway and 1 step through the front door which is 3ft wide and 7″ high.
- There are no highlighted nosings on these steps.
- The main entrance takes you into the hallway.
- The reception desk can be found 30 feet from the main entrance.
- There is no seating area at reception.
- The reception area is manned 24 hrs and has an Induction Loop System.
- The reception desk is 4 feet high.
- A clipboard is available if this is unsuitable.
- There is also a rear entrance available.
- This entrance is via a narrow back alley and the approach to the door is around a 90 degree corner.
- There is one step at this entrance, measuring 35 ½” high 8″ high and 15 ½” deep.
- Step nosings are not highlighted and there is no handrail available.
- The door has a clear opening width of 27″.
- The threshold is 6″ high and 27″ wide.
- A porterage service is available for luggage.
The hotel has 8 bedrooms. All rooms have wall mounted remote controlled LCD televisions with DVD players and Freeview, cordless kettles, hairdryers, ironing facilities, bedside telephones and wireless internet access.
- There is good overhead lighting with additional bedside lighting.
- Storage is available at a range of heights and furniture handles are easy to grip.
- The doors to the bedrooms all have lever action handles and open inwards.
- The doors to the bathrooms all have lever action handles and open inwards, apart from the door in room 8, which opens outwards.
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with either a shower and/or bath.
- The floors of the bedrooms are carpeted and the floors of the bathrooms are tiled.
- The bathrooms have been tiled in natural stone and bathmats are provided to help prevent slips.
- There are no grabrails available in the bathrooms.
- Fire evacuation procedures are clearly displayed on the back of each bedroom door.
- Two bedrooms are located at ground floor level.
Access to all floors
- There is no lift available.
- Access to all floors is via a carpeted curved staircase with a handrail on one side (right going up, left coming down).
- The stairs are 3ft wide, 6″ high and 9.5″ deep.
- Access to the first floor is via 16 steps.
- To the second floor there are an additional 16 steps.
- To the third floor there are an additional 14 steps.
Restaurant and Bar
- The restaurant and bar are situated in the basement which can be accessed via 14 steps from the reception desk. The steps are 30″ wide, 10.5″ deep and 7.5″ high.
- Breakfast is served on this floor.
- Breakfast can be served in the rooms for people who cannot access the restaurant area.
- Waiter service is always available. A large print menu can be provided by prior arrangement. Special diets can be catered for by prior arrangement.
- Customer toilets are situated on the ground floor.
- The customer toilets are not adapted for wheelchairs.
Assitance dogs are welcome. Fire alarms are audible, however owners do recognise that this may not be suitable for some guests and are happy to discuss alternative alerting and evacuation procedures at the time of booking/checking in. We are happy to advise on suitability based on individual needs, therefore please contact us if you have any special requirements.